Saturday 27 June 2009

Princess Dominique

Don't let me see another day ; Just let me fade away
Let me lay here with my blood stained sleeves ; As I slowly embrase the grey

Let my eyelids fall as the curtain close ; On the show that was my life
Let the mourners come with their compulsory dose ; Of tears and pain so ripe

Let them bitterly scorn my memory ; Let them call me the selfish one
Let them harbour deep resentment ; Let them hate me for what I have done



Let them bleed with raw emotion ; as they are plagued with a sea of 'why'
let them harbour an uneasy revultion ; As they question why I chose to die

Let me close my eyes and be away ; from a world that has little love
Let the my body turn cold as I fade to grey ; knowing my soul wont go to Thee above

For what I did was a spiteful sin ; and for one I shat be forgiven
so jagged was the pain from deep within ; I simply couldn't carry on living



For a pain so pure and real consumed me ; the day he pinned me down
a struggle then acceptance for strength he had over me ; he wore a corporate crown

He sweat and heaved with each bitter thrust ; I was sure I was going to die
High eyes mere slits revealed the devil within ; I tried but I could not cry

My mind so fluid and easily distracted ; had up and walked away
Heaving with lust as he inserted and re-tracted ; the heat made my stomach sway



As he finished he arose and looked apologetic ; And why...I cant recall
His mood suddenly changed - his manner energetic ; His fist on my face made me fall

Even with that, I tried so hard to cry ; For my heart was heavy as lead
but not even so much as a tear escaped my eyes ; Inside I felt like I was already dead

My jaded soul struggled to make basic sense ; of the events that had just occured
as he walked away from the room so tense ; with hatred and dischord



He left behind something so pure ; If bourne of such impunity
He left behind her eyes azzure ; She was my sanctuary

Her hair was thick and stubborn you see ; but she loved to have it braided
She was the saviour he left with me ; No longer was I jaded

We sat and sang for hours and hours ; about love and life's unique
promises and losses, our time was ours ; she was my princess Dominique

I awoke this morning to find her there ; where I left her the night before
She had washed her face; I had brushed her hair ; but this morning she spoke no more

I went to her bed and touched her head ; for she had been asleep too long
with a smile on my face, i approached her bed ; but my princess had sang her last song


Let me go and see my baby; let the talkers talk
Let me go and see my baby; Let the procession walk

Let me go and sing with my baby; let the gossipers gossip
Let me go and kiss my baby; let the drinkers have their sip.

Let me run away to my baby; let the curtains close on my life
Don't be scared, mummy's coming baby; no more pain no more tears...goodnight.x

No comments:

Post a Comment