Thursday 18 March 2010

ode to my unborn (cheesy, I know)

A cocophony of beautiful sounds
is what I hear when you speak
A perfect angel resting his eyes
is what I see when you sleep

I pray that you are healthy;
And your cheeks will forever glow
I pray that the Lord protects you;
And in His love you'll grow

I pray you inherit you mothers heart
for her mind is whimsical and weak
I pray you inherit the strength of character
that made your father so unique

I hope you grow to be the man;
Your dad and I want you to be
A man with strong morals and dignity;
A gent with a sense of duty

I pray that the world loves you as I do;
And sees the beauty in your smile
I pray that your love has a heart of gold;
As gentle as your bathing camomile

I pray your mind is open;
to love and life's unsure...
uncertainties and promises;
I hope you heart stays pure

I want you to take pleasure;
In the simple things in life
To see the beauty in uncertainty;
And the opportunities in times of strife

I hope you have a baby;
That makes you as happy as you've made me
I hope you'll fall in love with a lady;
That makes your heart feel protected yet free

I hope I am a good mother;
That makes you feel confident and loved
One that is loving yet disciplined;
With boys we can't be too soft

The thought of you makes my heart smile; Even though you're still so far away
Don't know when you will come to be my little one; when you and mum can play

No comments:

Post a Comment