Tuesday 28 July 2009

<>

Seven whole months to get you out of my head;
Now it feels like you're back under my skin
A shiver I cant shake, the hearts had to break;
The broken pieces cause a bleed from within

I loved the way you smell, the stories that you tell;
Your laughter put a smile on my face
I dreamt of you you at night, just hoping that you might;
Come take me far away from this place

I've had so many lovers, in and out of my covers;
Yet with you I always felt so pure
Never needed to be naked, my heart no longer jaded;
That I loved u, I was always sure.

I got on the underground, squishing through the crowd;
I got a familiar slither of your scent
someone with your perfume, my hunger filled the room;
My heart breaks as I lament

As I seek the source of it, the odour oh so sweet;
I pray that you are not too far
running through the carriage, the need my only luggage;
Seeking the source of that sweet aroma

Its a man so old and grey, not the love for which I pray;
My heart sinks as he smiles at me
I look back at him and smile, he sees through my denial;
He says - "I wish I was who you wanted me to be"

His words a double edged sword, that slits through the discord;
Disappointment like lashes on an open wound;
The stinging pain so raw, picking my heart up from the floor
I dont want to go through this pain anymore

I smiled and turned to leave, but a tear had broken free;
From the chains I had held them to.
It was a common matinee; for a lonely London day
their viewing pleasure was my feeling blue

I woke up bright today, not all that much to say;
But oh, I have a lot to do
To rebuild the solid walls, that when I met you I let fall;
Reinforcing the joints with the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment